Friday, June 13, 2008

"Lights, please stay off"

This will probably be a boring post to most of you, but because I like the idea of this being "somewhat"of a journal, since I have slacked on journaling, I am adding this story.
It happened the night of the Stanley Cup final. The power went out, and lucky for the power company, (weather they had control over it or not, they are lucky) the power went out about 5 min. after the Hockey game was over and the celebrating had ended. Tyler was ofcourse at work, and it was pitch black. Avery could tell I was a little "SCARED" yes, I was scared. I had her sit on the couch while I lit some candles. Adi was already in bed. I found the flash light and Avery and I layed on the living room floor talking and making the flash light do fun things on the ceiling. I loved that she is getting old enough to just talk to me. I just love her so much. The power finally came back on about a 1/2 hour later, and she was so upset, she said "why did the lights come back on, Lights please stay off". It was so sweet. So I turned all the lights off. We ended going to her room after she told me she was tired, and we laid there for another 1/2 hour just talking and playing with the flashlight until she finally fell asleep. I love Avery so much and hope that we will continue to be bestfriends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! She is such a fun little girl who loves her mom! I love the little things!

Keith and Crystal said...

that is so sweet kids are so great and it is such a good feeling knowing you are their whole world.