Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Stanley Cup!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, I LOVE HOCKEY!!! The DETROIT REDWINGS to be exact, and how could I not love Hockey, I grew up in Michigan, in a family, that if you did not like Hockey, you didn't really fit in, like my sister Heather. I am just kidding. I miss Hockey so much, and since I live in a state that lacks professional sports,(ok, we have the Jazz, but I am NOT A FAN), I rarely get to watch hockey, especially the Detroit Redwings. Well, last night they won the Stanley Cup. I was shocked that the past few games have been broadcasted. I was so excited. I got a litte teary eyed on Monday night watching them, but last night I was home alone with the girls, who are awesome to watch sports with. Avery kept yelling "Go Redwings, clear the puck", and Adi would just scream. I just started crying with about 1 min. left and once they all charged the ice to celebrate, I really lost it. I was so excited, but so home sick at the same time. I think I was so emotional, because the last time I watched the Redwings win the Stanley Cup, I watched it with my whole family at my grandparents house,(I don't think anyone understands how big hockey really is to my family). Not only did I watch it with my whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins) but my dad was there. I just miss him so much and this was just a HUGE reminder of him. I just had flash backs of him banging his foot on the floor, screaming so loud we would have to plug our ears, and the loudest most excited cheers. I miss him so so so much.
Anyways, it was just an awesome series between the Detroit Redwings and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Because he thought he was funny, Tyler cheered for the Penguins, because he does not like the Redwings at all. He has no ties to Pittsburgh. You just wait until BYU plays UTAH honey. RED ALL AROUND.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a little upset, and I am surprised I am leaving a comment. What is this talk about not being a Jazz fan? Umm most imporant red all around for the utes, I can undrstand red for dixie but come on u of u. I think Avery would even be dissapointed if she knew you wrote that. Anyways I liked the post about Hockey. You have such fun memories of your dad. I loved that you cried and that your girls were getting into it.
P.S I have Christy's phone number if you ever want to get into hockey with family.

Anonymous said...

No ties to Pittsburgh? Ask him about JT Yoder and his other family members in Pennsylvania. Oh..HE HAS TIES TO PITTSBURGH ALRIGHT!

PS...FLEUR-Y...FLEUR-Y...FLEUR-Y!

The Fournier Family said...

First of all your just rude! Sorry I'm not a hockey freak like the rest of the family! And thanks for making me cry at work. :) I can't wait to see you guys, give the girls a kiss from their favorite aunt. :)

Keith and Crystal said...

I am sure your dad was banging his foot on heavens floor and cheering right along with you. I have to agree with you I love hockey too and the wings rock