Monday, August 30, 2010

Looking at the positive

"We don't have to be fast... we simply have to be steady and move in the right direction. We have to do the best we can, one step after another. The only thing you need to worry about is striving to be the best you can be. and how do you do that? You keep your eye on the goals that matter most in life, and you move towards them step by step. That is easy enough. We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is be the very best we can."
-Joseph B. Wirthin

I came acrossed this and loved it. It is such a good reminder. Tyler and I have faced a lot of trials in our life. Luckly we have always gotten through them. Not always with the best attitude, but they have gotten us to the place we are in our lives now. Moving to St. George has been the hardest move but the BEST move for our family. Tyler going back to school has been difficult on us, but we know in a few years when he is finished all of the sacrifices we have made will all be worth it.
Everynight I lay in bed and try and fall asleep. BUT, that is when I start thinking. Thinking about the bills that are due, about how mean I was to the girls during the day, and all of the things I wish I could do better for my family and I.
After reading that quote, I quickly reminded myself how extremely blessed I am. I have the best husband, who works hard for us, the two most beautiful daughters who share an abundance of hugs and kisses with me daily, and I have a roof over my head. Among so many other things. I am so lucky. I will refer back to this quote often to remind myself to look at the positive.

No comments: