Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can I have a "Twig"



Here is just a cute little conversation I had with Avery Lynne last night. One that I have to always remember. I was making dinner and had told her NO, for the 100th time to a treat out of our 10 lb bucket of Easter candy!

She walks into the kitchen AGAIN, and says,
"Mom, can I have a "TWIG"?

"A what?" I said.

"You know, a TWIG, those long sticks that are covered in chocolate and are kind of nutty and crunchy on the inside?" (Her hand and facial expressions throught the whole conversation were hilarious.)

"A TWIX, you mean?" (I was laughing histarically at this point)

"Yes a Twix" she said.

Because I was laughing so hard she thought I was going to say YES!!

"NO", I said, "go watch Mama Mia, maybe after dinner".

I thought it was the cutest thing. Maybe you had to be there.

P.S. To my mom and sister, who think I am a mean mom for not giving the girls all they want, (THEY JUST MISS THEM), while on the phone with you mom, she snuck the twix and managed to eat one before I caught her. I had to wrestle the other half away, but I got it and was the MEANEST MOM for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Janille said...

That is funny. Only AVERY! (and maybe Maleea j/k)

Stina said...

Hey Nicole! I love funny kids stories! Where do they come up with this stuff? And, by the way, you can see my blog!! It was people I didn't hardly know in my ward...Later!