Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tough Week

Where does the time go? My dad passed away 7 years ago today. I don't know if it gets any easier. I miss him so much. Some days it feels like he just passed away yesterday. I think about him everyday and what my kids are missing out on by not having him here. If that didn't make this day hard enough, my grandpa Mohr passed away last night. He was my step-grandpa, but I never thought of him like that. He was my grandpa and I will miss him very much. My grandma and grandpa Mohr usually visited once a year and they would drive their HUGE motor home to get here. (My sister Heather and cousins Jess and Al and I used to love that motor home when we were younger, that was our hide-out away from the adults.) Avery and Adi would get so excited to see the motor home, knowing they were here.
Last night Avery saw me crying and asked why I was sad. I explained that Grandpa Mohr had died and she started to cry and said "Will grandma Mohr be OK driving the motor home by herself?" She is so sweet.
We will miss our grandpa Mohr lots and I miss my dad so much, but are gratefull to know we will see them again and that they are together.
These are the times that I wish I still lived in Michigan. It is so hard for me to be so far from family at times like this.

5 comments:

The Fournier Family said...

what you said in the beginning about dad is exactly the way i feel too!

Olson Family said...

I'm so sorry Nicole! It is so tough to lose people so close! Know that we LOVE you!

p.s. I'm so glad you don't live in Michigan!

grandma o said...

We really enjoyed the visits with Grandpa and Grandma Mohr! It was fun seeing that big motor home with the red car attached! I think that between Jeff and my dad, along with Grandpa Mohr, many world problems were discussed and solved! He will truly be missed. We love you Nicole and know that this is a tough time of year for you. Hang in there!

Keith and Crystal said...

I am sorry for the loss of your dad and I am sure it never gets any easier just different with time. He was a wonderful man. I am sorry your grandpa passed away and I am praying for your family. If there is anything I can do or if you need someone to talk to I am here for you.

Kathy said...

Nicole we are praying for you and your family. We love you and know this is a tough time.