Saturday, December 12, 2009

Why is he different?

Last night we took the girls to see SANTA, pictures to come. Avery did great and told him she wanted a Glo-doodle and Chef Barbie. I sure hope she gets this Chef-Barbie thing out of her head soon, Santa has other ideas. Adi wouldn't go near him and had to be held the moment we stepped out of the car. He was a good Santa, but apparently he was a smoking Santa. I didn't get close enough to notice that, but Ty and Avery sure noticed.
Anyways, last night I was trying to put Avery to sleep. After an hour she was still wide awake, and I was a very frustrated MOMMY!! As we laid there, she finally spit out the question that had kept her mind going and thus keeping her awake. "Mommy, why was that Santas beard not curly and white and long like the one I saw on Satruday?" She had been thinking and thinking about that the whole time she was laying in bed. I explained to her that Santa has helpers everywhere so they can see all of the kids, blah, blah, blah!!!! Obviously, not a good enough answer, because she said, "I understand that he has helpers, but shouldn't Santa make sure they all dress alike and have the same COLORED beard, so kids don't get confused." Explain that one. I told her go to sleep and we would talk about it in the morning. I am still thinking of the answer to that question, and she has forgotten for the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing gets paseed that girl. YOu will have to let us know the out come. I am so excited to see you guys again this weekend.

The Park Family said...

Nicole....that is the cutest thing in the whole world. Your little girls are so funny and so SMART!! Santa should really talk to his helpers about things like that. Hope you are doing well. Love ya