Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Laugh

Sometimes all you can do is laugh at certain situations, especially when you child has no clue they have done or said something wrong. Tonight Avery and I had a little chat about SLAVES. Yes, SLAVES!!!!
I was in the kitchen making dinner, and apparently Avery wanted her basketball from upstairs. Instead of walking up to her room to get it, she said "Adison, go get my basketball." It was said VERY BOSSY and not a please was added anywhere in the sentence. I quickly said, "No Avery, Adison is not your slave, you can go upstairs and get your basketball." She then said, "Well then who is my slave?" Which I quickly said,"NOBODY is your slave Avery." She then said,"Wouldn't life be so much easier if we had slaves?"
We had a long conversation, in which I tried to explain slavery, which I would hope she got the point, but after some incidents today, I have a feeling that our whole conversation went in one ear and out the other.

4 comments:

The Paper Sculpture said...

If one day in the future I find out that it is in fact Avery who is running the world I WILL NOT BE THE LEAST BIT SURPRISED! She is hilarious!

C, J, T, and M said...

Oh my...I was laughing the whole time I read that. I love that.

Keith and Crystal said...

goodness she is way to smart I bet she keeps you on your toes at all times. was it really hard explaining it to her

Clint and Whit Smith said...

I love your girls and miss seeing them at the clinic all the time! Their comments make me laugh so hard! She is to smart, you guys are going to have your hands full with her for a long time!!!