Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My poor broken baby

Last week the girls and I spent the week up in Spanish Fork. I am surprised that Adison still agrees to go. She is very accident prone while there. On Monday, Kristen and I were in the house and the kids were outside playing. All was fine until we heard a very scary scream. Adison came running in screaming and could not even talk while showing me here hand. It looked scraped really bad and Avery finally came in to tell me that she had turned the treadmill on while Adison hand was under it. Avery felt very bad. It burned the top of her hand and the inside of her pinky finger. It was so sad. It was bad enough, that I had to take her into the doctors. They had to give her some medication called Versed. It made her act "drunk". They gave her that so that she would not remember the trauma she had to go through. They had to scrub all of the burned skin off of her hand. She did great.

Then Sunday night she was coming down the steps and fell face first. Her top teeth went through her upper lip and her nose was bruised. We thought we were going to have to take her in again to get a few stitches. Luckily it closed up pretty quickly. She had the biggest fat lip. 3 days later and it is still swollen. As we were assessing the "damage" I had to leave the room. I was crying so hard. I just felt terrible for her. She is doing well now. Just so everyone knows, don't be surprised to see Adison wrapped in bubble wrap next time we head to Spanish Fork.


2 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

awe poor baby, I hope she is feeling better and has no more accidents, it will end up causing mom to have a heart attack:) give those sweet little girls a hug from me

Stina said...

That's so scary! Kristen told us about it. You sound like you held up very well through the ordeal. I'm not sure how I would cope. Give her a squeeze from me!