Friday, May 16, 2008

Silly Songs!!!

So most people who read my blog know that my dad passed away almost 6 yrs. ago from cancer.(Janille, this reminds me of one of your posts.) Anyways, I think about him daily and miss him so so so much. It is so hard on me that my kids are not growing up around there grandpa Kaiser. We talk about him all the time and look at pictures alot. Avery tells people that her grandpa Kaiser lives in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus and watches her to make sure she is safe. She woke up the other morning and told Tyler that grandpa Kaiser sang her some silly songs while she was sleeping. I thought it was so cute that she was thinking about him, but left it at that. Well, she woke up again yesterday and had the biggest smile on her face and said "Grandpa Kaiser was singing me some silly songs last night", then she started singing it to me. I had never heard the song before. I just loved that. I miss my dad so much, that that kind of stuff just makes me so happy. It reminds me of the day after he died. My little sister Cassidy was 3 yrs old when he died, same age as Avery now. I was outside with her and she looked up and said "Look, theres daddy up there." She was smiling and waving to him. Then her smile left and she said, "He is gone again." It is just amazing what these sweet little kids are able to witness these things that we can't at older ages.

4 comments:

ty and ash said...

Hi Nicole, I'm so glad Sharon showed me your blog! It is so cute and your cute little family is soo adorable! Your posts are great and its fun to see whats going on with your cute girls (since I never see you anymore..) Its amazing how thin the veil must be for little children.. They are so amazing! See ya soon.. -Ashlee

Tearz said...

Hold on while I wipe the tears from my cheeks. I have goosebumps and your words hit the emotional chord tonight. Its amazing that with the teachings that we have, we know that your Dad is still with us and that your little ones can interact with him. I miss your Dad too and tell Avery to let him know I said Hello! Love ya girly!!

Anonymous said...

O Collie, that is so sweet! Isn't it crazy! Its hard to believe that they are so close. But they really are. I wish I could be on their level! That is an awesome story! Your dad is with your girls as they are growing up!

Keith and Crystal said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet. Kids are the closet things to God we can get. I can't even imagine how hard it is without your dad. He was a wonderful person and I am honored that I knew him. God bless