Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SPRING maybe, and our first broken bone!!!

Monday was a beautiful day, and if you look close you will see that Avery took full advantage of the sunny 80 degree weather. She is filthy in these pictures. Grandma and Grandpa called Avery and Adison up to jump on the bouncy, and you will notice that Adison did not like it at all.
I am sure the first thing you noticed in these pictures was Adisons leg. As the Dr. said, he would bet money on it that it is broken. It did not show up in the X-ray, but these fractures usually don't, but by the way she was acting when we touched it was pretty much a given that it is broken. It is in a splint for a week and Monday we will go back and if it is still tender to the touch,then she will have a hard cast put on. This poor baby has been through so much the past couple of monthes. I feel so bad for her. She is crawling around on it very well today, she just can't walk or run (which she has pretty much mastered running now, AHHH!!). Well, this is how it happened. Sunday we were at my step-moms house for some yummy strawberry shortcake. Afterwards we walked to the park, and my cute little 9 yr old sister Cassidy, whom my girls love, took Adi down the slide and her foot got stuck between Cassidys leg and the slide. Adi was crying pretty hard and would not stand on it. We gave it over night, and the next day it just got worse. She screamed everytime she had to put any pressure on it at all or if anybody touched it. So here are the cute pictures of her in her HUGE cast. Oh and by the way, wasn't April fools 2 wks ago? It was in the 80's yesterday and today as I look out the window it is extremely windy and snowing, yes snowing.




































4 comments:

Tearz said...

Poor Adi~ My goodness! My heart is aching for you. I know you must have been going crazy. Give her an extra squeeze for me.

Keith and Crystal said...

Awe poor baby that has to be rough on her and you. I hope that she does not need a hard cast put on it. What a way to start spring. Hugs from the Drumb family and we are praying for her.

Kari said...

oh man that stinks! That cast looks huge, at least she can still crawl around. I'm with you on the April fools being late, where is spring already?

Janille said...

Poor girl! My girls were so sad when Amy showed us her picture on her phone. You guys have GOT TO STAY OUT OF THE DOCTORS even for a month. I hope everything is going okay.