Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby Poke!!!

Adi calls her new cousin Baby Poke. She saw the IV's in one of the pictures and since then she has called him baby POKE, usually in a sad little voice. "OOOHHHH, little baby Poke". Well, Jack, or Baby Poke, whatever you want to call him is doing great. My sister Heather was able to hold him yesterday for the first time, because as of yesterday, he is completely off oxygen and as of today, no more feeding tube. As soon as I saw the picture of Heather holding him, I started to cry. I was so excited for her. I just wish I had been there to see it for myself. I know how hard it has been for her leaving him at the hospital everyday, not even able to hold or touch him. Now if he can maintain his body wait in a normal crib, he can come home. We are so excited for them. It has been very rough on my sister and brother in law these past few day. He is doing great though and will be home soon. The first picture of Jack, to me looks just like my dad, his grandpa, whos birthday Jack so luckily shares. (did that make sense?) Keep getting better Jack.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Poke is so cute! I am glad that Heather finally got to hold him.

Clint and Whit Smith said...

That is so good she finally got to hold him. He is a doll and I'm glad to hear he is doing better.

Keith and Crystal said...

awesome that is so great he is so gorgeous and what a wonderful feeling for heather to be able to hold him.

C, J, T, and M said...

You and your sis look a lot a like! And Baby "poke" is a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! Im SO glad things are going well!!!