Thursday, July 16, 2009

KNOCKED DOWN!!!

Has anyone ever been to Parowan, Utah? UGH!! I don't recommend it. Let me just tell you the story. We headed to St. George on Monday afternoon to finish up a few little details for our BIG move coming up here in about 3 weeks. We stopped in Beaver to get gas. About 30 miles into our drive, yes I was driving, I heard a "Dinging noise" and noticed that we were over heating. I ofcourse get and instant stomach ache, because I was driving. Luckily, there was an exit close. I pulled off to a safe place. Tyler opened the hood and let it cool down. Mean while we let the girls walk around in the grassy area. You know what made this even more fun? It was about 100 degress plus out and for some reason, I allowed Adi to eat pretty much and entire bag of grapes on her own. Because of that she had a tummy ache and atleast 5 "stinky diapers" in a 15 min. period. Back to the story. We sat there for about 15 min. and it did not help. So we pulled forward to a DIRT road under a tree. SHADE IS WONDERFUL. Yes, a dirt road right off the freeway, just to show you we were in the middle of NO WHERE. A few people stopped, one guy had coolant, which we thought would solve the problem. We put the coolant in, and sat for about 30 more min. Meanwhile, I was able to eat some very yummy dirt cakes served to me by my two girlies in bottle caps. I wish I had thought to take pictures, but between my tears and frustration I forgot. It would have came in handy when Avery was laying in the middle of the dirt road making a SAND ANGEL. My girls were FILTHY, but were having fun. We got back on the free way and thought all was well. That lasted about 1 min. and it took us 45 min. to make it to the gas station 5 miles up the road. We had to pull over about ever 2 min. to let it cool off. So scary sitting on the side of the freeway. We made it to the gas station and sat there for 3 hours. Did I mention it was a truck stop? My girls heard words they have never heard before, so don't blame me if they repeat them!!! We finally realized the car was not fixable and 5 hours after it started over heating we said goodbye to the TRUCK STOP and the many bats flying over head and hopped into the BIG triple AAA truck and were towed to ST. George. Adi was scared to death to get into that truck, but with in 2 min. both girls were out. They were ABSOLUTE angels. They were such troopers and who knew that a HUGE flat bed truck could get us safely to St. George going 85 mph. The whole ride there I was thinking of different ways I could hold onto my kids when the truck rolled down a cliff. I was terrified.

P.S. The title of this post came from a cute conversation I had with my 3 year old neice as we sat at the truck stop. "Why aren't you here yet aunt Cole, are you still KNOCKED DOWN?" It was so cute. We did have a fun but stressful few days in St. George. I will post pictures later. I need to thank my WONDERFUL mother-in-law who came down to get us. She saved us. And thanks to Mike and Janille for letting us crash at there house. We made it home safely, but our car is still there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHH I am so sorry! I can't imagine, I am very frustrated just hearing about it. I am glad that you made it back. Are you sure you don't want to use that as a sign?

The Paper Sculpture said...

So sorry! But that is a great story to look back on in 10 years :) Reminds me of our California Trip when the good ole' Grand Prix overheated and we were stuck at the Vegas McDonalds...didn't we have to put coolant in every other day for a month before your dad stepped in? Are you still coming up this Sunday?