Saturday, March 20, 2010

Picking my battles, with the one who battles BEST!

Lately, wherever we go, both girls have to take a baby with them. FINE, I tell them, but it is your responsibility. Yesterday we went to Target and Avery walked out of the house with a baby in her baby backpack, a baby in the STROLLER, 2 diaper bags and her purse. ABSOLUTELY NOT, I quickly yelled from the car, "it all goes back in the house." A fit was thrown, ofcourse, a very dramatic fit, might I add. After realizing the neighbors did not want to hear my 5 year old yell from the top of her lungs, I gave in and said, "It all stays in the car, only 1 baby is allowed in the store." A pouty OK, was said, and we were off to the store, AFTER all the babies were buckeled up in the very back. Avery even tried to make Adi give up her carseat for one of the babies. We pulled into Target and the whinny begging instantly began, which slowly turned into another screaming fit, as I said NO, to all of her baby items. Too bad for her I am not the nicest mom and quickly threatened to take her right home to sit in her room, which in turn she would not get a new bathing suit. Adison did not help by quietly saying,"Not me huh mommy, I am being good." and in her sassy little voice Adison turned to Avery and said, "I'm being gooooooood, I get a neeeewwwww baaaathing suit."
I finally gave in a little and we ended up in the store with Adison carring a baby in a blanket, and Avery with a baby in the baby backpack, a baby wrapped in a blanket, 2 diaper bags, and her purse. Again I said, It is all your responsibility, if it gets lost, IT GETS LOST!!!! It all ended up in the front of the cart except for the baby in the backpack. I had 2 babies wrapped in blankets. I got a lot of wierd looks, and everyone thought Ave looked so cute with her little backpack.
On the way into the store, I said, "Avery HURRY UP", as she lagged behind. Her response, "Mommy, I am stepping on every crack, so I break your back, since you didn't let me bring the stroller in." Such a sweet little girl, I am hoping she doesn't quite understand what that means.

2 comments:

Cunninghams said...

OH my gosh that is so funny and sad at the same time... you are such a great mom and good thing you are keeping record of all of this because then you can show her when she is older.

The Paper Sculpture said...

Avery is the sassiest 5 year old going on 30 on this planet! I am dying right now! You and Tyler are in trouble! But you gotta love she is so much personality in one little body and Adi is going to be a close second :) They crack me up!