Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day!!!

Fathers Day is kind of bitter sweet. I miss my dad SOOOOO much, and I often think of how unfair it is to me and my family to not have him here anymore. Luckily for me I have some wonderful dads in my life.



I am so lucky to be married to this handsome man. He does so much for our family. He is the best Daddy in the world. His girls are #1 to him. He spends hours playing with them, catching butterflies, coloring, watching movies, ect. The list could go on and on. He is so patient with the girls and I. I love him so much. There is not a better daddy out there. (In my eyes ofcourse.) We love you so much Tyler. Happy Fathers Day. I should thank my in-laws for raising such a wonderful man.


This is my dad, who I miss every second of every day. I love this picture of him. It is just HIM. Not a day goes by that we do not talk about him in our home. Avery and Adi know who there grandpa Kaiser is. They know where he lives now. I am so thankful for the knowlege that I have, that I will someday be with him again, and that I can teach that to my children. He was such a wonderful dad. He taught me so much. He was such a hard worker. I just admire him so much. This is where I have to stop, so the tears do not start. (I am at work)

This is my step-dad. I don't know if it is even appropriate to call him that. He has been in my life since I was 9 or 10. He has always just been a dad to me. I look up to him so much and miss him tons. He has always been there for us no matter what it is. My girls miss there grandpa so much and talk about him lots. He is the grandpa that sneaks all the treats. He gave Adi her first taste of an Oreo and first taste of Diet Coke. Avery has never forgotten when he made her a "Slurpee" in the KITCHEN. Apparently only grandpa Olgac can make those. She was amazed by that. When my dad was very sick, he told us that he was not worried to die, because he knew that we would be taken care of by our step-dad, and that is the truth. I will never forget that. I could go on and on about my step-DAD!!!




My father-in-law Jeff is so great. He does so much for our family. I don't think we could ever thank him enough for all he does for us. And did I mention that my girls absolutley adore him?

Thank you to all of our grandfathers and uncles who are such great examples to our family. We love you all.

2 comments:

Janille said...

That was so sweet! You are so good!

p.s. YES you can be involved in the kid swap! 5 WEEKS!

Stina said...

I remember when you were going through the hard time of losing your dad. I was telling Brent the other day that I can't imagine one of us losing a parent. There would be such a hole in your heart and your life. I'm glad you're so blessed with other wonderful fathers, and I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation too!!