Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why is Santa dressed different?

Merry Christmas everyone. We have had a fun few days. Yesterday, Avery had her school program. It was so cute. She sang all the songs so well. I was excited to see her sing because she informed us all morning that she was going to " WATCH ONLY". They sang a few songs from Halloween and Thanksgiving and then they sang all of their cute Christmas songs, including a fast version of Rudolph that had them playing the air guitar. Santa even made a surprise visit, and surprisingly, Adi sat on his lap. It was so fun. I had to get a cute picture of the girls in front of her PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS TREE. Later that evening I took the girls to the mall to see Santa again and to mainly ride the train that goes around Santa. It was a very fun day. I will say I have already had to have the santa talk with Avery. She has seen so many different Santas over that past few weeks she is starting to get confused. Last night the question was, "Why is this Santa dressed different?" I explained to her that their are so many kids that Santa has special helpers that help him to see all of the kids. I don't think that answer satisfied her though. She has a good point. All Santas should dress the same. She has seen Santa at 2 different malls, school and church, all dressed different. Look at Adis cute scrunched up face in the Christmas tree picture. Almost every picture we take of her has her making this face. She says "CHHHHEEEEESSSSSEEEE", so loud and so big. So cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to straighten this whole Santa thing out. maybe you should try and pass a law, so that I don't have to explain to my kids. Avery's program sounded so cute. Both girls look way cute. I love Adi's face, she is so funny. Did you record the christmas program?

Amanda said...

To Tyler:

Yeah, it was pretty awesome to witness the snow. People who live here said it could possibly be record breaking! As for the two people you mentioned, I don't think they're in the ward anymore. We've been here since 2006 and we've seen SO many people come and go because of the military! However, do you know Bro. and Sis. Reed??