Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It sounded like a good idea!!!

A few weeks ago we had this brilliant idea, well my step-mom had a brilliant idea, to drive to Michigan in July. OMMM, I think that idea was thrown right out the window last Friday when we drove 3 hrs to St. George. Good thought though. You are probably wondering how these cute girls in their dress-up dress and her sisters underwear, could possibly give us a hard time in the car. Screaming, fighting over Adis blankets, NO NAPS(so much for leaving at Nap time), things being thrown at my head, and my seat being kicked. The threat of putting them in the very back with no movie didn't even phase them. They are really good girls, just anxious to get to where we were going, they couldn't wait to see there cousins. They were so good over the weekend, so I should not complain. I think I was alittle on edge though because a SEMI tried to run me off the road, literally, the jerk had road rage. Maybe the thought of driving to Michigan will sound great in a few days after this past weekends drive is an after thought.

3 comments:

Anna said...

My boys are not the greatest in the car...especially James, BUT they have been perfect little angels on our long, two day, road trips.

I think it has something to do with the fact that we talk about the actual drive for SO LONG and get all ready for it and everything. It has become an actual part of the vacation for us all somehow. So...good luck if you go! It might not be all that bad :)

Janille said...

You make me laugh! I MISS YOU GUYS!

Amanda said...

Hahahaha! I can't imagine driving that long with kids! However, I've driven the trip to Michigan 3 times and it's not so bad! Just give yourself plenty of time. And if you're going in the summer it should be a fun drive....

Hope you had fun in St. George...I was there last weekend and it was wet most of the time but I had a blast!